Monday, January 25, 2010

The One With My Lack of Organizational Skills

One thing you should know about the Hubby is that he's a freak of nature who's obsessed with organizing every single darn thing. One thing you should know about me is that I'm anything but, yet if I lost or misplaced something, I'd get so frustrated that I end up frustrating everybody around.

We're such a great couple, aren't we?

So last Saturday, when I couldn't find my documents we needed for filing our tax return, disaster naturally ensued. We spent the latter part of the afternoon combing through my files and being frustrated at each other. Him at me, for my lack of organizational skills, and me at him, for adding to my already built-up frustration. Let's just say.... our night ended colder than the freezing weather outside our house. Definitely not the night of endless passion we were originally aiming for!

But there's no argument that a sleepy I'm-sill-mad-but-I-sleep-better-next-to-your-warm-body hug in the middle of the night, a light of a new day or a mutual love for Home and Garden Exhibits can't mend. The following morning, we found ourselves in our usual cuddle position, and cheerfully getting ready for the show. All was forgiven. I was definitely in a better mood, as I even laughed in good humor when he snickered oh-so-loudly at a keychain we saw at the exhibit that has my name and its meaning.

Claudine: a well-organized, proper, and elegant woman.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

HaHa!! You can't always believe what you read right?

Caro said...

At least you guys dont stay mad very long.

~~Mel~~ said...

Sounds exactly like my boyfriend and I...except reverse the roles...his lack of organization and the fact he loses everything drives me Crazzzzzy!

Americanising Desi said...

mwah for the happy couple ness :D

Nikolett said...

Awww, the ending to this entry made me laugh. Apparently my name means 'victory of the people', so I definitely take name meanings with a grain of salt hehe.

And I definitely find that opposites attract and can help each other, and even if that wasn't the case this time, at least it ended with a cuddle :)