Thursday, January 14, 2010

A New Addition

Yesterday, the Husband and I welcomed a new addition to our family.

Weighing in at 10 pounds with black fur and dark eyes... is our baby... our baby dog, Apollo! He's a beautiful 8 week old Elkhound/Shepher mix. And like every other proud mommies (except maybe Casey Anthony), I also thought he's the cutest baby in the world. He had me at hello. He looked so sweet and angelic, it was too hard not to fall in love.

Actually, Hubs and I were originally thinking of going to a breeder, since we're very keen on getting a puppy (not a full grown dog). But since we can be softhearted when the mood strikes and advocates of human and animal rights on good days, we decided to check out the shelter first. And what do you know? Staring right at us with those soulful eyes, begging to be picked up and cuddled, was our beautiful puppy. Right then and there, I felt that familiar tug in my heartstring when I met my husband and I saw my wedding dress, he's 'The One.' I just gotta have him.

But... just as I should have learned from my experience with The Hubby and men in general, looks can be deceiving (especially good looks) and first impression isn't always necessarily true. Right after I took him home, and he realized I was already hooked, the little angel turned into a spawn of the devil. He started chewing everything on sight -including my leg, and pooping and peeing all over our brand new carpet. I spent the rest of my afternoon cleaning and chasing after him that I was almost tempted to take him back.

Fortunately for him, I did learn something from my relationships with male. Patience, Chloe, lots of patience. Eventually, he'd learn who's the boss.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Aw, congrats!

That's why they make puppies and babies so cute, so people will still take care of them even after they pee all over everything.

salwa said...

No pictures? :) Congrats on the new addition!

Sara said...

hahaha I need to see pictures!!

LINDSAY said...

Congrats on the puppy! When you're done scrubbing the carpet, take pics :) I'm taking up our rugs before ours arrives!

Kate said...

Congrats! Would love to see some photos. He sounds gorgeous!

Kate
http://search-for-the-perfect10.blogspot.com