Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Bachelorette Days Are So Over

After these past few days, I came to huge realization.

My bachelorette days are finally over.

You'd probably think... 'Duh, she should have realized that 10 months ago when she got married!' And you'd be right. I should have. But basically, I just pretended that I have a lifetime boyfriend or roommate with benefits, so it wasn't such a big deal . Sure, things are a bit different, but my husband is such an awesome guy (I gotta say that in case he reads this blog... which he does from time to time) that he spoils me and lets me do pretty much whatever I want.

But now? Now that I got a puppy? Things are certainly different. Nobody told me it would be this hard! Well, okay... some people did tell me, but I can be the thanks-for-the-advice-but-I-know-what-I'm-doing type of girl, so naturally, I didn't listen. Now, my husband and I have to take turns getting up at 2am and then at 6am, just to let him go potty! Yes, have to, like, have to pay taxes, or have to breathe air! And worser than worst, I can't leave the house for more than four hours, because according to the all-knowing pet experts, it's plain cruelty.

Oh, freedom, my beloved freedom, how I miss you so!

But then again, just as I know it would be, everything's all worth it. Especially when you come home and he starts wagging his tail excitedly. Or when the litle rascal starts responding to the word 'No', or seeing him learn how to climb the stairs by himself.

Who needs 8 hours of sleep anyway? I say, sleep is overrated. Besides, according to my Mom, this is actually a good practice for taking care of her grandchild in the future. Little did she know, she'd be doing a lot of the taking care when it happens.


4 comments:

Jenn said...

OH MY GAWD!! Your fur baby is absolutely adorable!

Nashe^ said...

Hi, Apollo! xD

Golden Stilettos said...

Too funny and also a great example of why I want a kitten! Less maintenance!

Great Blog!

Americanising Desi said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. huggiess hunz