Thursday, January 21, 2010

Language Lesson

Last week, The Hubby decided to impress me with his 'growing expertise' of my first language , as well as show his romantic side, and sent me a text message...

Pag-ibig sa yo. Ikaw ang aking lahat bagay bagay.

For the first few seconds, I was like, 'Huh?! What?... Love to you? You are my all things things.?' It doesn't make any sense. So obviously googled!

But then, being the smart woman that I can be on occasions that my brain works properly, I figured out what he was trying to say. So I sent him back a message, together with the correct Filipino words.

D- for the grammar, but A+ for the effort.... Iniibig kita (I love you). Ikaw ang lahat sa akin. (You are my everything).

And being the smart-ass that he can be sometimes, he replied with the only sentence he knew that I definitely couldn't dispute the grammar of, one which another smart-ass guy friend of mine decided to teach him while we were all on vacation at Hocking Hills.

Fine, how about this?... Bwisit ka. (You're annoying).

I learned never to criticize the man again. Especially when he only had the best intentions.

11 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww how sweet. You guys are so cute. =)

justme said...

I love this...that is too cute

Errant said...

that's so cute ..

Joshua said...

"I learned never to criticize the man again."

No offense, but please pass this sentiment on to the rest of the female population. Start with my wife.

Nikolett said...

Aww, this is so cute. Is "Inibig kita" another way of saying 'I love you'? My friends taught me "Mahal kita" :) but I know there's tagalog and another dialect ... either way, cute story!

Liv Bambola said...

Aw, that's adorable! :) xx

Maki said...

AW that's so cute and sweet.. My husband also tries too and he did master saying I love you in Japanese... You're right, they all have best intentions - don't criticize!

xoxo

C said...

lol that is so cute....

c

Honey Bee said...

hahah soo cute!

Anonymous said...

hehehehhehehe

Anonymous said...

hehehehehehe