Friday, January 8, 2010

officially working

Cleveland is being hammered with snow. Again. Eight inches of freaking snow.

I swear, if it's not for the Cavaliers (oh... and my husband and my job!), I would have left this cursed city long ago. Four months of continuous snowfall every year? Too long for a tropical gal like me.

But anyhoo... since I am special and my boss loves me enough to let me do anything, I got to work at home today. Never mind that I'm a chemist who needs to work in a lab, I still told people I'm working at home because of the crappy weather. In my defense, I am. I really am! I just finished a reliability report and answered a bunch of job-related emails. I even dragged my lazy butt out of the bed at 7:00 in the morning. Sure, I did log on my facebook and blogger accounts at some point (like right now), but hey, I do that at the office, too! So nothing's really different.

Well... except maybe for a few things. Like writing my report while lying in a jacuzzi tub listening to Michael Buble's latest album. Or watching my vain husband (who got jealous of me and decided to take the day off as well) model some of his new clothes while I was on my short break.
And yeah, I had some wine at lunch. I know, I know. Drinking on the job. Shame on me.

2 comments:

UberGrumpy said...

Listening to Buble while bubbling with bubbly eh? I like that

Anonymous said...

nice to listen...