Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to Drama Land

I know that I have promised to stop being a drama queen and just delight you with fabulous tales of my extraordinary life, but, guess what?... I lied.

Although I'm happy most of the time, and grateful for having a husband who lets me believe I'm almost always right, an awesome mother who does all my share of domestic chores while enjoying a 'vacation' at my house, a ridiculously cute puppy who stole my heart despite his non-stop chewing and peeing, once a month (or maybe a week a month), my female hormones bite me in the ass and takes me back to Drama Land.

Yesterday, after I came home from work, I hugged my puppy and kissed my husband (in that order), then went upstairs to change my clothes. A few minutes later, I went back downstairs and played with Apollo. Out of the blue, I felt choked up by emotions, and tears started to well up my eyes. But before my husband give me a here-she-goes-again-what-the-heck-have-I-married-into look, I run to the showers and cried my heart out. For some unfathomable reasons, I suddenly felt pathetic giving so much affection to a puppy, when all I really wanted was to spoil a human baby. A baby of my own. A baby that's my flesh and blood.

But no worries. I feel better now that common sense has prevailed and had been comforted by the always reliable Haagen-Dazs. Afterall, if natural means don't work, we'll start our treatment sometime in March. So there's hope. I'm sure of it. In the meantime,there's no law that says I can't enjoy practicing and perfecting the art of making babies. So I intend to enjoy every minute of it. ;-)

6 comments:

Errant said...

we're giant babies .. that's all

Chele said...

aww, *hugs* I know how those days are like, when I get caught up in some emotion and start hurling and my boyfriend gives me that what-the-hell-is-my-girlfriend-doing look

Bless em for letting us be the drama queens we can be

salwa said...

That is not being a drama queen or anywhere near it in my book. If when we decide to start trying for a baby, we find out that one of us has issues, I'm sure the emotional aftermath would be long-lasting and complex. It makes perfect sense to me that some of those emotions would hit you when you were playing with your puppy. Hang in there!

And best of luck, I hope this happens for you guys!

Jenn said...

You're only human! honest.
Love your hubs for all he's worth and enjoy the practicing part ;-)

Ian said...

Ain't nothing wrong with that!

JennAventures said...

hmmmm...looks like you've been bit by the baby bug...once it strikes you are done for (per my older married sister)...good luck!