Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 Highlights


As we welcome the year 2009, I figured this would be the perfect time to look back at the previous year and thank God for all the wonderful things that happened to me. Year 2008 had actually been an amazing year! This is the year when...

.... Fiance and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day together
..... he and I went to our first vacation together (hiking at Hocking Hills for my birthday celebration)
.... I had a much-awaited reunion with two of my very bestfriends, JR from France and OS from Russia, and went on an all-girl road trip!
... my sister started her graduate studies at the University of Notre Dame, and I finally get to see her after 4 years.
.... Fiance PROPOSED (on our one year anniversary) and I said YES!
... Barack Obama won (I know it doesn't directly involve me but I'm still glad he did and it's something I wanna celebrate)
... my graduate school work was published at a science journal, finally making me a published author (Yay!)
... I got a breakthrough with the research project I'm doing!!!
... I got 'exceeds expectations' in my job performance evaluation (which hopefully translates to a big, fat raise (",), - though I doubt it, with the way the economy is right now)
... I got a year older but wiser!

Cheers to 2009! Hope we'll all be happy and blessed this year!

And even at the risk of sounding like a beauty pageant contestant, I really do hope and pray for WORLD PEACE! (Enough war, already! It's a waste of precious young lives!)





4 comments:

Mrs. Realife said...

Congrats on such a fantastic year! CHEERS!

!llegally blonde said...

Happy New Year! Let's toast to a better and brighter 2009!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

WOW! So many great thing happened for you! Congrats on all of them. Here's hoping 09' brings you much happiness and many more fantastic achievments!

Maki said...

Happy New Year Sweetie!!

I'm glad to know that 2008 was a great year for you and hope 2009 will be even better!!!!

xoxo