Monday, January 19, 2009

My Solemn Vow

Warning: this post is going to be mushy and sentimental, so if you're not that kind of person, you can turn around now. (",)

For our wedding ceremony, Fiance and I have decided to say our own vows. So far, this is what I've came up with. It's still a work in progress, so suggestions are welcome!

"Honey, I love you very much. You're my partner, my lover and my bestfriend. I love you as I've never loved anybody in my life before. I will be honest and say that I can't promise that I will always be in a good mood, that all our days will be sunny and wonderful, or that our life together will be perfect. There will be days when you'll be irritated or mad at me for the things I will or will not do, and I'm sure, vice versa.

But I promise you this. Whatever you and I will go through - good or bad - I will always love you, and will never leave you. I promise that I will give you the respect you deserve, be there when you need me, and cherish and love you till our dying days.

On this day, as I take you to be my husband, I promise to walk every step of the journey with you . On this day, in front of our family and friends, I promise you, all of me.

This is my solemn vow. "

16 comments:

Liv Bambola said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Very modern, but it captures just what a marriage should be.

I wish the two of you the very best in your married life.

Bambola x

**Liz** said...

Thoseare amazing and perfect, not too over the top, but perfectly sweet.

Jill said...

Oh Chlo, I got tears in my eyes hun. Sometimes I wish we would have said our vows, but it was so overwhelming just to start. You make it sound so easy. He's one lucky guy. ;)

Sassy Britches said...

Awwwww, lovely! Absolutely perfect.

Chele said...

this is beautiful, straight from the heart. You dont need any advice from anyone because you said it all in this vow just like it is and its perfect

The Other K Wick said...

Beautiful vows!!! More power to you for writing your own. I could not have said all that to Ken without bursting into tears. Wish you guys a life time of happiness and many blessings along the way.

all i need is love... said...

Beautiful. Simple, sweet and to the point. :)

SheBloggs said...

That was so lovely... aww. It's going to be one of the best days of your life. Those vows are gonna be drawing some tears for sure.. <3

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

That is absolutely perfect! I would have love to have done my own vows but I was so afraid of stage fright. I'm a terrible public speaker. I'm sure this will make your husband cry!

Errant said...

wow .. that was heart melting .. it's so sweet how you're expressing your feelings so simply and so honestly ..

wish you all the happiness in the world !

Jane said...

you totally made me tear up. its just beautiful.

Claudine said...

Hi Guys! Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I feel more confident saying my vows now.

Lisa said...

It's perfect

Vera said...

this is amazing!! you have a way with words, babe. sentimental in deed, but oh so good!

floreta said...

so cute! when i was a bridesmaid at my friends wedding she said her own vows too and both of them (bride and groom) made them at the last minute! they turned out really good though. i'm not sure if i'd want to say my own vows. i can see the added personal meaning in it, but then again i'm not a good public speaker and i'd be embarassed.. but all the more reason to do it? i don't know. i guess i have a lot of time to decide that sort of thing :D

C said...

just so sweet. go for it.
many blessings.


C