Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Totally Awkward Tuesdays

As awkward and clumsy as I can be from time to time, it's no surprise I've been involve in a number of embarrassing moments. One particular moment however, remains the most unforgettable for me.

It was that time back in my freshman year in college when unattainable-crushes-who-don’t-know- you- exist- so- you- try- to- impress was the norm. I had one of those crushes. He’s one of the most gorgeous guys my teenage eyes had ever laid upon. I was attending a class next to his so every Monday and Thursday mornings, I’d catch a glimpse of him. One not-so-fine day, I had the misfortune of getting caught in traffic and ended up being late for class. Since my class room was on the third floor, I ran up the stairs as soon as I reached the building … books on my right arm, lunch box on my left hand and a heavy bag on my back!

All of a sudden... my foot missed a step, and I completely lost balance! Books, papers, lunches (not to mention, ME!) all flew in the air! I tried to pull myself up and gather my things together. Suddenly a wonderful, oh-so-manly voice spoke to me, trying so hard not to laugh…

‘Are you okay?’

I swear, if I had a lighter skin color, you could see me blush from head to toe! I wished the floor would open up and swallow me… I was just dying of embarrassment! But hey, who better to rescue you than your gorgeous prince charming, right? Besides, I finally got my desire of making an impression… probably not in the positive way I preferred… but who cares?

We started talking from that day on....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Well... at least it was an icebreaker... even though it was a totally mortifying one.

Thanks for participating!

Sassy Britches said...

Never underestimate the power of comic relief! I hope you got a little something started...:)

Morgan the Muse said...

Wow. But you survived! I guess I am lucky, my high school and college I am at now are both one story buildings. :)

Moi said...

It seems we all have a terrible story where we fall and humiliate oursleves. At least yours ended in a hot guy!

Anonymous said...

From my perspective, the fall would have been one of the things that would have attracted me. Something about a woman in distress! Sigh. So the embarrassing moment just may have been good Karma in disguise! :)

!llegally blonde said...

Oh geez - what a way to make an impression on your "unicorn" (the unattainable myth). Nevertheless it's ovah! :) Happy New Year girl and thanks for dropping by my blog :D Hoping to get to know you better in 2009