Saturday, January 3, 2009

Orchestrated Destiny

I was about 10 years old, on our way home from a family outing, when I heard my Mom debating with my cousin the existence of destiny and free will. This discussion brought me to my own personal debate of whether things that happen in life are part of a greater destiny or free will of each human being. For years, I thoroughly mulled this subject until I finally drew my own conclusions.... I believe in both.

I believe that it is my destiny to be born to the set of parents that I have now, to be born in the 20th century and to be born of Asian descent. I believe that it is my destiny to meet the people I have met and that each person has a specific purpose for coming into my life. I believe that the way -how or when- I'd die is also a part of my destiny.

The rest though are free will.

Free will given by God to make the choices we make and to live the life we choose to live. Free will to be either good or bad, and free will to live life with a purpose or not. I've got to admit, I'm not a very religious person, but I believe in God and I believe that He gave us free will while He watches over us and guides us.

I believe that our life here on earth is mostly governed by our own free will. Call it destiny, but it is an orchestrated one. Orchestrated by ourselves.

11 comments:

!llegally blonde said...

Thank you for sharing this. It gave me the opportunity to get to know you better. I believe in both as well. After all, it is through man's free will that his destiny is pursued and fulfilled.

Alice said...

This is Good, thanks for sharing. I will be back.

Errant said...

I agree with you. I believe in destiny and free will .. the way you explained it was quite good. because if only on of them exists it'd mean that there is no just in this life, nor power .. having the two is a great sign of God's existence ..

Sassy Britches said...

I'm with Errant; I think both are a sign of God's existence. He has a plan for all of us, but he gave us free will because he loves us. Excellent post, likewise (obviously) with the blog title. It's been interesting getting to know you!

Liv Bambola said...

This is a beautiful post. I've added you to my google reader... I'll be back :)

For Myself said...

Great stuff. Food for thought!

Carrin said...

I totally agree. I believe that if you want something you have the free will to make it happen.
It really bugs me when my overly religios friends say that God will provide. Yes, he will, some things, buty he won't drop a man at your door to fall in love with. You have to do some of the leg work yourself!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy to get to know you.

Marissa said...

I love it! I believe exactly the same thing.

Girl on Tour said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I had to take a peep at yours of course and I like what I see.

Happy New Year

:D

PERSPECTIVE said...

I came across your blog randomly and really liked some of your post...very interesting that you named the blog orchestrated destiny. Free will and destiny is a kind of opposing force but nevertheless they coexists. Also they have great influence on each other. Great article to set one thinking...

Anonymous said...

very interesting post! i think about this a lot. for the most part, i think i only believe in free will.. but i DO like the idea of destiny.. and i believe there can be both.. one doesn't cancel out the other.. they can coexist.. hmm.. thanks for the thoughtful post.