Monday, February 15, 2010

One Year

Next month, March 17 to be exact, marks one year of my challenging, but utterly amazing married life.

To some of you who had been following my blog for quite some time now, you're already familiar with how our love story unfolded. But for those of you who are new, you can just always go back to the story of how we met, fell in love, got engaged and finally... got married.

And lived happily ever after. No problems, no conflicts, no worries. Just happiness...sheer happiness.

Yeah, right!

Who am I kidding? This is real life, people! Not some chick flick or a fairy tale.

However, I can definitely say that I'm mostly happy. Especially on days when the Hubby accepts the fact that yourstruly is always right. On days when he doesn't, well... that's a different story.

But kidding aside, my husband is an amazing guy. He's ravishingly hot, unbelievably smart, occasionally funny ;-), and completely sweet. And he loves me unconditionally... which is the best thing ever!

I'd be lying though, if I say that our life had been very easy. As I wrote in my post a few months ago, we've been dealing with some infertility issues. This, naturally, translates to emotional and financial stress. We were planning to have a small but elaborate beach wedding in the Philippines this year ( since we only had a courthouse wedding), but with our current situation, it's hard to make it happen. At least, not for the next couple of years. But, there's a but....

We're going to Las Vegas for our anniversary celebration, and renew our vows at Mt. Charleston in Nevada! Just as we met while hiking on a mini-mountain, we're also getting married on a mountain. Sounds wholly fitting, don't you think? We'll have my sister and seven of our closest friends as our guests, so there's no doubt that that weekend would be filled with love, booze and gambling fun. And thank God, I'd finally get to wear the wedding dress that I bought more than a year ago!

Needless to say, I'm already counting the days!

 

9 comments:

P.T said...

Congratulations! Wish you and hubby plenty more years together filled with love and happiness... :)

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

That sounds really lovely, congrats!! May you have many, many more years of marital bliss together!

I'm new to your blog and am so glad I found it! I was born in Cleveland, and my roots still run very deep there! I see you're a Cavs fan, I'm more a Browns girl (still having trouble with LeBron wearing that Yankees cap!), but it sure would be nice to see a championship come to C-town, I think the Cavs may actually DO it this year!

BTW, I'm your newest follower! Cheers!

Jenn said...

So exciting!! Congratulations!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww congrats to the both of you and cheers to many more happy anniversaries. =)

jenn said...

how romantic - i totally want to renew my vows, too! we missed our 1 year anniversary, but i want to throw a big blowout bash for 5 years. :)

C said...

congratulations! sounds heavenly, chloie..
have a fantastic time. hey i lerve the new lookie of your blog! waaay cool, sistah...

c

kanishk said...

congrats to the both of you and cheers to many more happy anniversarie.
antalya homes

floreta said...

very sweet! if/when i get married i would definitely like to renew vows as well!

Americanising Desi said...

hey honey congratulations :D
and may this journey become sweeter as it progresses.

the first 3 years a little dodgy but never mind :) the sail will be smooth afterwards :D

bless you!