Sunday, February 7, 2010

Miss Independent

Yesterday, I decided to assert my independence and stay at home by myself, while the Hubby visits his family in Michigan. I haven't had a Me Time in a while and I definitely miss Me. House all to myself, with no husband and no puppy to worry about? No complaints here!

I had the whole Saturday planned... wake up unusually late, lose myself in a bubble bath while reading 'I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell' (interesting book by Tucker Max, by the way), indulge in fattening foods, be a couch potato, and have dinner with some girl friends while talking about boys. Sounded like the perfect plan to me.

And sure enough, for half of the day, it was.

I was in heaven... pure, unadulterated heaven!

That is, until I started to leave the house, opened the garage door and saw 10 inches of freaking snow in the driveway!

But of course, being a Miss Independent, I told myself... no worries! I've lived without a man before. I can do anything a man can do! How hard could it be? I've changed my own lightbulbs, hang my pictures on the wall, assembled my new furnitures... shoveling snow shouldn't be any different!

Boy, was I ever wrong!

Fifteen minutes into shoveling snow, and I was freaking exhausted! Every inch of my body was screaming pain. Especially my lower back. If it weren't for my dying desire to hang out with my girlfriends, I would have locked myself inside and just stayed home the whole weekend. But I wanted to get out. Bad. For a while, I contemplated waiting for some sort of a miracle that would get my car out of the driveway. Like a sudden intense global warming to melt the ice on my side of the planet, or my white lighter husband unexpectedly orbing home to shovel the snow. But if my luck with raffle tickets or lotto is any indication, I knew such miracle would never happen to me. So while chanting,' You can do it Chloe, you're Miss independent' over and over, I finished shoveling half of the driveway. Yes, half! Just enough to let my car out. The Hubby can call me Lazy Butt anytime he wants, I don't care, he can do the rest when he gets back.

And fine, I concede! Screw independence! I definitely need a man.

If only for the purpose of shoveling snow.

I guess that explains why the Hubby still hasn't bought a snow blower.


6 comments:

Jenn said...

Men are definitely good for shoveling snow... and taking out the trash!

Hope you had a great time with your girlfriends!

Caro said...

You don't need a man, you need a snow blower :P

Nikolett said...

Ahh, girl! Shoveling snow hurts muscles I didn't even know existed! You go for shoveling half of it so you could have a fun night out :) And I agree, Me Time is definitely a necessity!

Hope you have a great rest of the weekend :)

Maki said...

My husband is aways working in NJ, so as much as I love having my own freedom and space to myself, there are certain things I wish he's here...

Hope you're staying warm! xo

C said...

GOOD FOR YOU, chloe! you did it! hey sistah, there aint nuttin we women cant do if we set our mind to it!


you go girl!

c

Meg said...

oh no! haha this made me laugh... i guess it's a good way to remember that you appreciate having your husband around! but a good amount of me-time is always a good thing :)