Monday, February 22, 2010

For the Love of Dancing

Last Saturday, after days of constant prodding and promises of nudity, I finally convinced the Hubby to take me dancing. The last time I've been to a dance club was when Justin Timberlake was still trying to bring the sexy back (which is like three years ago, when I was still in graduate school), and I just felt this terrible need to release my pent-up dance energy. Next to shopping and eating ice cream, I love, love, love dancing! Unfortunately, I married an old soul trapped in a hot, young body who doesn't. Well... at least, I was able to convince him to take me.

So off to the club we went.

A minute after we started dancing, I finally understood. The poor guy can't dance for the life of him! (This is a sort of thing I should have known during the wedding dance. Unfortunately we didn't have one). At some point, I think I might have laughed at the way he danced that he decided he has done his husbandly duty of pleasing me and just stood beside me watching me dance. And no amount of prodding and begging could make him dance again.

But I decided that nothing can ruin my night. Who knew when the Hubs will take me out again?

So I continued dancing around him, oblivious to anybody who might be watching.

And there I was, dancing happily and uninhibitedly, when my eyes came into contact with a guy who winked naughtily at me. All of a sudden, I realized how I must have looked like dancing sexily around a standing pole of a man! I looked around and sure enough, I gathered a few interested audience. Slightly embarrased, I told the Hubby to start dancing or else...

After that night, I came home with two realizations... (1) that it's better to take my girlfriends next time I go clubbing, and (2) that I might have discovered the perfect back-up job in case this Chemistry gig doesn't pan out.
 
 

8 comments:

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

I TOTALLY get your love of dancing! I feel EXACTLY the same way. My husband, actually a decent dance, does't want any part of it! Sigh!

Sounds like you've DEFINITELY found your "back up job!!" LOL!

Kat said...

My marriage is the total opposite! My husband is the dancer- He use to be in a dance group that performed NSync dances at bday parties...long story. (This was also way before I met him)

Lindsey said...

Hahaha! At our wedding I was on the dance floor all night and hubby was making sure the bar didn't fall apart. I know how you feel!

[Rhiannon][Wretchdz] said...

I get the boyfriend to do the old 'side step' dance move, if this fails there is plan B. My plan B usually results in a hangover so beware. Plan B - supply a few jugs of beer (preferably good beer) and the boyfriend/partner/husband will be right to go.

*This worked on said boyfriend. I will never forget his drunken head-banging to some nu-metal golden oldies.

CLASSIC.

Americanising Desi said...

awwwww !!! you sure were havin a good time and i think that is all that matters :D

floreta said...

lol your hubs would be cool with that?
i always think of clubbing as a singles scene.

E said...

Hilarious! I can't believe he just stood there...poor guy.

Jenn said...

kudos to Hubs! whatta guy!