Monday, March 1, 2010

For the Sake of Fashion

The Hubby and I had been walking at the mall for two hours the other day, when I started whining.

"I gotta rest. My feet are killing me."

He looked at my 2 1/2-inch high-heeled boots and said, "Why did you wear those shoes? You knew we were gonna go shopping!"

Oh crap, the guy's got a point! Too bad my brain wasn't functioning when I was getting ready to head out of the door! But... like a typical wife, I'd be darned if I admit that I was wrong, and that he was, for once in his life, right about something. So instead, I gave him the most brilliant explanation I can come up with.

"Honey, these boots make me look taller and walk sexier. Sometimes, you just gotta sacrifice comfort for the sake of fashion!"

And with that, tried to walk as sexily as I can with a slight limp in my gait.

14 comments:

Laura said...

Brilliant explaination. Nice one :)

SE x

Daydream Believer said...

Been there, walked that! LOL. The things we do in the name of fashion!

"Julie" said...

that ALWAYS happens to me! I'm 5'3 and HAVE to wear heels or I get stepped on (that's what I tell ppl)....

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

I confess I am a slave to fashion (not comfort!) myself! Cheers!

Lauren said...

god i am so like that. i'd rather walk around screaming inside of my head than admit i'm dying!!

Red Shoes said...

Fashion slaves!!!

Just give me another pair of Red Chuck Taylors please... :oD

~shoes~

Erin said...

But that was your perfect chance to get a new pair of shoes out of the deal!!

[Rhiannon][Wretchdz] said...

Bahahahaha

I love that!

...and I bet the pain and discomfort later in the day was worth it!

justme said...

so....it's worth it!!!

Anam Siddique said...

I'd never wear heels to anywhere but only to something very formal. I'm always on flats :D
That was a good explanation, I must say ;)

Errant said...

hahaha .. it's worth it indeed

Americanising Desi said...

thank God I prefer slippers any day :)
i love my feet and heels i keep for special occasions :D

Together We Save said...

I am all about comfort!! LOL

Anonymous said...

as much as i love the sexy swagger that comes with unnecessary heels, i ALWAYS wind up having to walk much further than anticipated every single time i wear them. now i have a great comeback whenever my guy friends make fun of me for limping around at a pace a snail would pity!