Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The In-Laws

Whenever we hear of the word in-laws, the first visions that come to mind (at least for me) are Deborah's meddling mother-in-law and weird father-in-law in the show 'Everybody Loves Raymond.' They were representations of how some (if not a lot) of in-laws, including that of my friends' and even my mother's, act towards them. They weren't exactly pretty pictures, and I grew up dreading what my future in-laws would be.

That is, until I finally met mine.

My mother-in-law is one of the best women I've ever known. She has a heart of gold! You can see it by the way she deals with her family and friends. She's very patient and loving. And best of all, she loves me! She definitely acts like my second mother. We talk on the phone every week and I get spoiled on Christmas days and birthdays. She's a really sweet woman with a genuine heart.

My father-in-law is great as well. He gets a little grumpy towards the grandkids from time to time, but he's a very sweet man. We have the same taste in books so he buys them for me sometimes ;-).

They say that when you marry a man, you marry his family. I'm glad I'm married to this one.

2 comments:

Liv Bambola said...

How gorgeous. It's funny, all the 'in-laws' I've met, have been just lovely. I dated my old bosses son, and I think he still likes me more than his current girlfriend.

My dad sees his mother-in-law (and father-in-law when he was alive) a LOT more than his own parents. Distance did have something to do with it, but even when he travels to where his folks live, he doesn't spend that long with them.

But it's true when you say you marry a man, you marry his family, it is kinda true =)

Americanising Desi said...

oh that last line, mind blowing!
so spot on!

i havent had lovely inlaws in the past but hope to have some really good ones in the future. wonder y they create so much of hatred in the first place :S

mwah