Monday, September 22, 2008

I *Heart* Ohio

Minus the short eight months that I lived in Pennsylvania, I've been living in Ohio for almost five years now (3 years in Toledo and 2 in Cleveland). And through these years, I have grown very fond of, if not love, living here. This is the place where I have turned into a mature, independent woman, learned the joys of love and the pains of heartbreaks, sweat my way through graduate school, learned to adapt to an entirely different culture and found the love of my life. And this is the place where I'd probably buy my house and raise my future kids. Cleveland (and it's suburbs), where I currently reside, is a city that's neither too crowded nor too rural, and boasts of both trendy shopping malls and awesome hiking trails.

Here's Ohio at its finest...



Kalahari Water Park, Sandusky. This is a great water park! I took my Mom here when she came to visit and she loved it!


Rocky River Reservation. I love hiking, and this is one place close to Cleveland that makes you feel closer to Mother Earth.



Put-in-bay. I've been to this island 3 times in 3 years. It's famous for its bars, but more than that, you can go kayaking, jet skiing, biking or just touring the island in a savy golf cart.


Hocking Hills - my personal favorite. This is where I celebrated my birthday last June and had a blast! I've never seen such beautiful hiking trails. To me, this is the best place to retreat at when you need peace and quiet or when you just wanna commune with Mother Nature.


another shot of Hocking Hills


Cleveland Botanical Garden. Beautiful landscape in the heart of the city.



Crocker Park, Westlake. BA and I's favorite shopping mall. It's trendy and sophisticated, but more than that, it's beautiful at Christmas time with all it's lights and decorations!



Cleveland Air Show, Burkefront Airport. A $20 show that's worth every penny. It only happens once a year so grab the opportunity.

0 comments: