Monday, August 31, 2009

Emotional Wreck

Whenever I write, I try to be as positive as I can. I try to be inspirational, and focus my writing on the brighter side of life. I know how a whiner sounds like, and it's not always pretty.

I apologize in advance because this is not one of those days.

Lately, I've been an emotional wreck. I think it's mostly hormonal, but I'm feeling kinda unhappy and restless.

First of all, I don't think I enjoy my job anymore. I feel like it's becoming stagnant, and that I'm not moving forward. I just don't enjoy my job as I used to. My projects are lacking in excitement and my boss is getting on my nerves. I know it's partly my restlessness nagging at me again, but I do feel that I need to work in a new lab, see new faces... be in a new environment. I want a different kind of challenge. I wish I could just move to a different state, but it's not that easy. We're building a house so I can't just find a job somewhere else (nor my husband can) and relocate. I have to stay and find a job here, but we all know that jobs are few and far between because of the economy.

Secondly, when will our baby come? We've been trying for months now and the roller coaster emotions of being hopeful and then having my hopes crushed every month is draining. I'm trying to relax and not worry too much about it, but it's not always easy.

Anyway, enough of my pathetic whining. I guess I just have to be patient for now, and just look at the bright side of life... Okay, I'll give it a try and remind myself of all my blessings....

Our house is almost done, we should be closing and moving in on the first week of October. I'll be posting pictures soon. It's amazing how fast the progress is! Ryan Homes started building it the middle of July and they'll already be done at the end of next month! Kudos to those guys!

My Mom is coming next month. I'm so excited to see her. I haven't seen her since her last vacation here which was more than two years ago. I think she will help get me out of my crabby disposition. She always know how to deal with me.

I have a husband who is a patient and loving man. He's been very understanding through all my mood swings. Sometimes I feel terrible because I seem to try to push him to the limit, but he still tries. Maybe I really am too independent that living with someone is such a huge adjustment for me. Anyway, I should just be thankful for having him in my life.

And of course, I still have loyal blog friends who continually stick with me through my sporadic writing, and now, through my pathetic whinings. I love you guys!

7 comments:

C said...

ya know, maybe the baby isnt coming yet simply because you are not settled within yourself yet. do that first, and with the job thing... sort that out.... then bask in your own fullfillment and happiness. the baby will come when you are ready for he or she. i know this.

c

floreta said...

adjusting to living with someone is HUGE. three years of cohabiting and i still wasn't used to it. some people don't like compromise but it's absolutely necessary. good luck w/ the home :) as for job, i guess find a way to keep the job out of the house, as in, don't take your stress/problems with you when you get home. try to find ways or hobbies that will help counteract a crummy job. and there's always blogging ;) this is how i've dealt with a job that i absolutely can't stand..

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Sounds like you have A LOT going on right now and that would make anyone feel like a crazy person. On the bright side, they are all exciting things: new job, new house, potential new baby! Exciting and nervewrecking! It will all be okay. Things will calm down!

Americanising Desi said...

Life is a road trip. Happiness is not found at the final destination, it is experienced along the way. Your happiness is on the way dearie. Your baby will come a soon as you are all settled in and building up on the baby dreams :) there is a time for everything isnt it :)
mwah!
hugs!

nitia/ monto said...

it must be very hard to be in an emotional state like this. i've been through many emotional things and i was feeling like giving up on myself. i think the secret is enjoying our life more no matter how painful it is, because we're not always be the one who suffers the most. :)

all i need is love... said...

I know how you feel about your job. That is exactly what I am feeling with mine these days too. No worries though. Just stay positive and think happy thoughts, and soon enough, everything you've ever wanted will come.

Sending positive vibes your way!

Sassy Britches said...

Everyone here has such great advice! I agree that maybe the baby is not coming because you still have so many balls up in the air. And we all know that having a baby to solve one's problems woudl be a bad deal! Enjoy your visit with your mother, continue to love your husband, and once you're settled in your new place, start focusing on your career happiness and/or the baby. One step at a time, my friend!