Thursday, September 3, 2009

Be Thankful

My last post was such a downer that today, I decided to write something more inspiring! I feel much better now, thanks to positive thinking and to my blogger friends who left me some really encouraging remarks!


Sometimes when I'm worrying and stressing about a problem, I read astromy books. Weird I know, but they help remind me of how vast the universe is and of how, relatively, I am nothing but a microscopic dot with nanoscopic problems. They help put my thoughts in the right perspective.

If not, I read or watch the news. I read about how some amazing people bravely cope with the loss of friends or family through war or natural disasters. Of how some hardworking people struggle to find food in order to survive, or of how they deal with poverty with very little complains. It reminds me of how insignificant my problems are compared to other people. And it reminds me to be grateful for what I have instead of feeling sorry for myself.

So if you have a roof over your head, food to eat, a family who loves you, the next time you're stressing out, just think of all your blessings and how fortunate you still are compared to millions of people.

4 comments:

Liv Bambola said...

This is such a good idea. It's so easy to get caught up in our own world and problems. Everything looks so big and overwhelming that we just give up on trying to address them. Even going to the beach, a point high up, that overlooks the city, reminding us that there are a million or more people all living in the same area, with problems of their own. While they may be entirely different problems, if they can make it through alive, so can we =) xxx

- kimmy - said...

Good advice :]
A lot more productive than what I end up doing sometimes... which is just to dwell on the bad more and more. The next time, I'll try the astronomy. Thanks!

Americanising Desi said...

those words just put everything together again :)
bless you

Sassy Britches said...

Woman, thank you for the reminder. I always love your posts; they make me think!