Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am Blessed

I am so blessed. Sometimes, I look at my life and wonder why I’d been so lucky. True, I’d been through a lot, and had to work hard for some of the things I wanted (career-wise and financially), but I still can’t believe it’s possible to be this blessed. Especially with the people in my life.

So, in the spirit of thanksgiving, I wanna thank God (and the following people) for all my wonderful blessings.

Fiance. He’s one of the best things that ever happened to me. He’s my Mr. Right. He’s gorgeous, smart, sweet, passionate and very patient (which, my Mom says, is an important trait if a guy wanna stay with me (“,) ). I’ve always thought finding a man, who helps with the household chores, doesn’t have any vice or addiction (does addiction to working out counts?) and spoils me rotten, is like finding a needle in a haystack … but God gave him to me! I’ve never been happier and more grateful. I love you, Honey, and thanks for everything you've done for me!

My parents. The best parents anyone can ask for. They loved me unconditionally and with all their hearts. They guided me to the right path and supported me every step of the way. Mom and Pops, I have what I have and I became what I became, all because of you. I love you.

Sis. This year’s Thanksgiving celebration will be a happy and meaningful one for me, since my longtime dream of spending it with her (and eventually everyone in my family), will finally come true. We are the closest of sisters. We talk on the phone almost every single day. I’m so proud of her and so thankful for having her as a sister.

Bro. I miss him so. He’s on his mid-twenties but I still think of him as my baby brother. He’s got a good heart and a wonderful personality. He confides in me, even girl troubles, as we can talk about anything. I’m looking forward to next year when I’ll see him and my parents again.

My in-laws-to-be. They’ve made me feel welcome, at home, and close to a family again. For a while, all I felt during Holidays are pangs of homesickness for being so far away from my own family, but meeting them brought back the joys of Christmas season!

My friends. They’ve been with me through thick and thin. Thank God for great friends! My transition to an independent woman was easier because they were there. I don’t know how I’d have survived break-ups and dark moments without them. Special mention to friends who are closest to my heart … CT, my college best friend who’s the purest soul I’ve ever met , JR and OS who made my graduate school life more bearable and more colorful; and MD and EA who never get tired of listening to my rants and raves. You guys are the true definition of BFFs!

My career. With the current state of US economy, I’m sure most people are thankful to just have a job. I am, too, but more than that, I’m thankful for having a job that allows me to find ways to enrich peoples’ lives (through technology), and somehow make a difference in this world. Well… I love to believe so (“,)

I thank God for all that I am. For the way I was put together. For all the things that I own. For all the places that I’ve been. For all the people I have met. For all the moments I’ve been through – good or bad, it made me the person I am today. For bringing me into this world.

I thank God for all my blessings.

2 comments:

Errant said...

that's so nice, :) we usually think about the negative side of our life .. we usually think like .. I don't have this or I can't do that .. never I have this and i'm blessed with that ..

some holidays like Thanksgiving have a very nice meaning connected to them .. we don't celebrate it here .. but the idea of thanking is Great .. though it should be around the whole year .. every night .. we should look at our lives positively and thank God for his blessings ..

you know what, In Quraan God says "When you thank me, I give you more" so here's a very bright side to being thankful .. God will give you more .. hope this will happen to you and every thanking person ..

:)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with you family! It's sounds like this year there are many blessings to be thankful for!