Saturday, November 22, 2008

Home is Where the Heart Is

For our wedding and honeymoon next year, I'm taking BA to my home country. And I'm so excited, I'm literally counting the days! (Even if it's still more than a year!)

I know every girl is excited for her big day, but to me, the excitement isn't just about the wedding. It's also about going home... home to the welcoming, familiar place and home to the people I love most in this world. It's been almost five years and I missed them so.

We often hear the saying, there's no place like home. I definitely vouch that. Even though I've come to really love United States and call it my second home, I know that my heart will always belong to my country. The place where I grew up. The place that molded me into the woman I am now.


Philippines is a country that has a rich, blended culture. Our culture has, in part, a mixture of Chinese, Spanish, American and several other countries' cultural influences, and yet maintains an original Filipino culture that is unique from any other. This is a place where you can find people who are really gracious hosts, where there are beautiful sandy beaches and it's warm all year round and where you can find the most delicious foods. I know I'm sounding like a travel agent promoting my country, but bear with me please (",). I'm still feeling nostalgic after talking to my parents, reminiscing about the past and discussing our beach wedding preparations!


This would actually be BA's first trip to my country (and out of US - if you don't count Canada and Bahamas). And I can't wait to show him the beautiful sights, give him a glimpse of what my previous life was like and of course, introduce him to my parents. He's actually feeling a little bit apprehensive on the idea of traveling 18 hours on a plane, but I assured him it would be worth it... since I'll make sure it will be the most wonderful two weeks of his life!


0 comments: